Tuesday, July 8, 2008

New hybrid cube

I made a hybrid 3x3x3 cube that turns great and cuts corners incredibly. It is now my main speed cube. Here's the story.

I have one store bought cube, I used it for about 4 months until after I got a Type D DIY, and it has been sanded a couple of times lightly with a file and steel wool. It has also been lubricated a few times with silicone lubricant spray. The cube has become looser because the sanding has made the cubies smaller, and it turns VERY fast, but it locks up a lot =(

Lately I haven't been happy with my lubricated Type D cube with a Type A core inside. It just feels slow compared to my store bought cube. So I thought, why don't I mix the cubes up? So today, I replaced the Type D cubies with store bought cubies in my Type D cube, and..... WOW, it's AWESOME!!!! It's just like my regular store bought cube, but it cuts corners wonderfully because of the Type A core, and now I can adjust the tension! It's still pretty loose, and I've only played it for like 5 minutes so I'm not too used to it, but it's WONDERFUL! =D.