Saturday, November 22, 2008

Westchester Fall 2008, New cubes

I got home from the Weschester Fall 2008 competition!

It was a lot of fun and I brought the same three friends I brought to the Newark Open 2008.

First round was 3x3, and I did not do very good. I got a 19 second average so it was so so. I made it into the 2nd round though! The first round took a very long time, went to like 12:30 and we started at like 9:45.

Then it was 2x2. I don't know what my average was but I did bad. Like I think it was 11 seconds or something.

Then came 3x3 OH. I didn't make it even close to the qualifications (lower than 35 seconds) but I got a new PB! =(

Magic was next. I got some new PBs but then I got a +2 on one of the solves and a DNF also. So I think my average is going to be worse than the average I got at Newark Open 2008.

Finally we got to the second round of 3x3. I did worse and got like a 20 second average. Didn't make it to the finals. =(

Last came 3x3 BLD. I had yet to complete one successful solve but I learned the method, so what the heck, it doesn't hurt to try. So I tried all 3 attempts and on all of them I wasn't even close to getting a successful solve.

Because of the amount of time the first 3x3 round took, a lot of the events were cut. They were: 4x4 speed, 5x5 speed, 4x4 BLD, 5x5 BLD, 3x3 Mutli-BLD, 6x6 Unofficial. I was unhappy about 4x4 and 5x5 speed because I actually practiced a little bit and I wanted to get better times! =(

Like Newark Open 2008, I made another AWESOME trade. The same kid gave me a used white V-Cube 7, and I gave him an Eastsheen 4x4, and my storebought 3x3. LOL. And then he wanted to refund my 5x5 trade I did with him at Newark but then later he got a brand new black V5 from Dan Cohen for $40.

It was an awesome competition, but I didn't do so well as expected. =( Well now I have lots of time to improve for the next competition (which will probably be in 2009)

I also saw Drew's awesome puzzles he built, including two Teraminx's!

One last thing, Rowe Hessler got a 52 second BLD solve. Shame I didn't see one of his great solves again. =(